Students must Apply for Student Loan Grants
Students considering the option of furthering their education are often curious about student loan
grants. Actually student loans and grants are completely different. Student loans give students and their
parents the option of borrowing money in order to pay for education costs that they are unable to pay for directly.
The federal government offers several options for families in terms of loans; including the Perkins Loan and Stafford loan. Students and families can pay
back these loans after the student is out of school, with numerous repayment options.
The federal government also offers options for students who do not want to go into a lot of debt in order to fund
their education and that is through a college grant student loan. The difference between a college grant and a
student loan is that grants do not need to ever be repaid.
Below you will find some information on the most popular student loan grants. The Federal Pell Grant is
just what the name implies; a federal grant for students. Application for this grant can be made using the Free
Application for Federal Student Aid; or FAFSA. Students must
demonstrate a financial need in order to qualify for this grant. Be sure to keep the following facts in mind when
applying for the Federal Pell Grant:
Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant or FSEOG is another option available for students. This is actually
a campus based grant; which means that it is funded partially by the federal government and partially by the school
and/or state. Each individual campus decides how they will allocate the grants to students which guidelines that
are provided by the federal government. Students should keep in mind that funds for this grant tend to be limited,
so they should apply early. The FAFSA is also used to apply for this grant. Keep the following facts in mind
- Only awarded to undergraduate degree seeking students who have not already obtained a bachelor’s
- The award amount is based on the students financial need
- Awards range between $400 to $4050 per academic year
- Applications must be received between January 1 and June 30 for the next academic year.
- Available for undergraduate, first degree seeking students with exception financial need
- Priority given to students who receive the Federal Pell Grant and meet the priority deadline
- Applications must be submitted between January 1 and June 30th for the next academic year.
Are there grants to pay off a student loan? For more information about student loan grants, take a
look here. This site can do this very quickly for you because they have so many of the good ones to apply to.
Go to scholarships and grants.
Or go to student loan scholarship to see if you qualify.
Read about what are college
scholarships and grants.
Read more on the
National SMART Grant or the