Student Loan Forgiveness Programs are available
If you have attended college, you may be eligible to have a portion or even all of your student loan cancelled
through a number of student loan forgiveness programs. This can help to greatly
reduce the amount of money that you will be required to pay back; making it easier to get on track financially
after you have graduated. It can also prevent a student loan default from occurring if you
just can't make the payments at the time. This program is not a student loan deferment program where your
payments are deferred for a certain period of time.
These loan forgiveness programs are specifically geared toward nurses and teachers. The first student loan
forgiveness program that might interest you is the student loan forgiveness nursing Education program. In order to
be eligible you must meet the following qualifications:
The amount of money that is forgiven with this type of loan depends on the student’s area of employment and
may vary. Nurses may also qualify for the Farm Bureau Nursing Education Forgivable Loan Program. To qualify for
this program, nurses must meet the following qualifications:
- A registered nurse who has graduated from a nursing program at an accredited university, college or school
- Nurse educator who has graduated from a post-baccalaureate nursing educator program at an institution.
- Sign an agreement to work as a full-time nurse in rural counties or Health Professional Shortage Area
- Nurses who qualify for this loan are eligible to receive up to $3000. Applicants will need to complete an
applicant, write an essay and provide letters of recommendation as well as a transcript.
The above is not a nursing student loan repayment program but a nursing student loan forgiveness program. A
nursing student loan repayment program must be paid back under certain pre-arranged terms whereas the nursing loan
forgiveness program eliminates all or part of the nursing student loan.Teachers may also qualify
for student loans teacher forgiveness or more commonly called student loan forgiveness program for
teachers. One in particular is the Teacher Shortage Forgivable Loan Program. It's a teaching forgiveness program.
To be eligible for this program, individuals must meet the following qualifications:
- A resident who is attending an eligible college or university.
- Must be at a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate level
- Must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited education program leading to a degree and
certification for teaching in a shortage area.
Students who qualify for the Teacher Shortage Forgivable Loan Program may be able to receive forgivable loans up
to $3000 per academic year for a total of $9000.
- forgive college student loan
Fortunately there are a number of paths that will forgive college student loan under certain circumstances.
- federal student loan forgiveness programs
Fortunately there are a number of paths that will forgive college student loans such as Federal student loan forgiveness programs which forgives student loans under certain circumstances.
For more information on a free scholarship for a nursing program visit a list of nursing
scholarships. You may be eligible to
receive a free scholarship Grant you did not know was available to you.
Loan Forgiveness Program OSAP. How
the loan forgiveness process works. The Loan Forgiveness Program was developed to help students
reduce their debt loads. Who's eligible for college loan forgiveness and how it's calcualted.